Table of Bio/Wiki
Scottish middle-distance runner Eilish McColgan is well known for taking home the bronze medal in the 1500-meter steeplechase at the International U17 Schools Championship. She also won gold medals in the 1500 and 3000 meter steeples at the 2012 Scottish Universities Indoor Championships, which is another accomplishment.
Facts About Eilish McColgan
|Celebrated Name||Eilish McColgan|
|Age||31 Years old.|
|Birth Name||Eilish McColgan|
|Place Of Birth||Dundee, Scotland|
|University||University of Dundee|
|Source of Wealth||Running career|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||53 kg (117 lb)|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
At the London 2012 Olympics, Eilish McColgan was a member of the Great Britain contingent that also included tennis pro Andy Murray. At both the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016 and the Olympic Games in London in 2012, Although she competed for Great Britain. She also participates in the Hawkhill Harriers Club in Dundee, where her mother is the coach. Recently, on August 3, 2022, at the Commonwealth Games, However she won the gold medal in the 10,000-meter final.
How much is the net worth of Eilish McColgan as of 2022?
As of 2022, Eilish McColgan’s net worth ranged from $1 million to $5 million, and she earned a respectable salary of about tens of thousands of dollars annually. She is one of the select few people with such a diverse range of experience who stays true to whatever she undertakes. Eilish has already accomplished a lot in her career, but there is still much for her to accomplish. Her running career is also her main source of income.
Why is Is Eilish McColgan famous for?
- She is a middle- and long-distance runner from Scotland.
- In the 1500-meter steeplechase at the international U17 schools championship, she took home a bronze medal.
From what country is Eilish McColgan?
Eilish McColgan was born in Dundee, Scotland, on November 25, 1990. She is of mixed ethnicity and Scottish nationality. She also identifies as a white person and practices Christianity as her religion. Eilish turned 31 in 2021, and according to her birthdate, her star sign is Sagittarius.
Her mother Liz McColgan is a British former track and road runner, and her father Peter McColgan is a former steeplechaser from Northern Ireland. Orla McColgan, Martin, Kieran, and Eamonn are the names of Eilish’s other three siblings.
Regarding McColgan’s education, she graduated in 2013 from the University of Dundee after attending the High School of Dundee and studying mathematics and accountancy there.
Eilish McColgan Olympic athlete Career
- In 2006, Eilish McColgan began her running career by taking home a silver medal in the 1500-meter race at the Scottish Schools Championships and a bronze medal at the International Under-17s Schools Championships.
- She was then chosen to compete in the 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games in India, but sadly, she suffered a serious knee injury from which she had to recover for an entire year and a half.
- She competed in the 3000 meter steeplechase at the 2011 European Team Championships in Stockholm, Sweden, marking her senior debut for Great Britain.
- At the 2011 UK Indoor Championships, Eilish finished fourth in the 1500 meters, while she took home the silver medal in the 5000 meters.
- She also took first place in the 1500 and 3000 meter events at the Scottish Universities Indoor Championships in 2012 and 2011, respectively. She also won the gold medal in the 1500 meter event at the Scottish Universities Championships in 2011.
- In June 2012, at a competition in Oslo, Norway, she ran a time of 9:38.45 to surpass the Olympic ‘A’ qualification standard in the 3000 meter steeplechase. In July 2012, she won the British trials in a time of 9:56.90, ensuring her qualification for the steeplechase at the London 2012 Summer Olympics.
- The only competitor to finish in under ten minutes and the only British competitor to meet the “A” qualifying standard was Eilish.
- After qualifying for the 2012 Summer Olympics with the Great Britain team in the women’s 3000 meter steeplechase, she made the decision not to compete at the European Athletics Championships in Helsinki, Finland.
- She qualified for the 3000 meters at the 2018 IAAF World Indoor Championships and placed in the top ten after reaching the final of the women’s 5000 meters at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
- With a time of 14:28.55, McColgan broke Paula Radcliffe’s 17-year record set on July 1 in Oslo by winning the Great South Run in Portsmouth in October.
- Eilish, who was qualified for the postponed 2020 Tokyo Olympics in Japan, finished in 10th place in her heat on July 30 with a time of 15:09.68, failing to advance to the 5,000 m final.
- In February 2022, McColgan set a new British record for the 5 km road race. Later that month, she improved her mother’s record once more by defeating Radcliffe’s 21-year-old British half marathon record by 21 seconds (1:07:11).
- Later, in May 2022, at the Great Manchester Run, she broke Radcliffe’s European and UK 10-kilometer records in a time of 30 minutes, 19 seconds, and placed second only to Hellen Obiri, who had previously set the course record in 30:15.
- At the FBK Games in Hengelo in June, Eilish broke the previous Scottish 10,000-meter record with a time of 30:19.02, besting her mother’s time from the same event in 1991. On August 3, 2022, she won the 10,000-meter gold medal at the Commonwealth Games.
- She set a new game record with her winning time of 30:48:60.
- Additionally, Eilish and fellow Olympian Michael Rimmer founded the nonprofit Giving Back to Track in March 2022 with the goal of inspiring young people to participate in athletics and supporting the next generation of female athletes.
Eilish McColgan is she Married?
Eilish McColgan is not married because she is in a relationship with her attractive boyfriend, middle-distance runner Michael Rimmer. The fact that the couple is having a good time together proves they are not having extramarital affairs. Eilish and her partner have a wonderful relationship, so there is less chance that they will ever get divorced. She is straight, so that is how she identifies.
How tall is Eilish McColgan.
Eilish McColgan’s height is 1.80 m and her body weight is roughly 53 kg (117 lb). Her dark brown eyes and lovely blonde hair are both attractive features. Furthermore, she has an athletic body type. Her viewers are drawn to their TV screens by her sane opinions and sense of humor.
Some Interesting Facts
- In the 3000 meter steeplechase, she made her Olympic debut for Great Britain in 2012.
- In the 1500-meter steeplechase at the international U17 schools championship, Eilish took home a bronze medal.
- She was a member of the Great Britain contingent at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, which also included tennis player Andy Murray.
- She competed for Scotland at the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast and the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
- She has a Sagittarius horoscope.