Nolan Neal, who competed on both “America’s Got Talent” and “The Voice,” died after ingesting a fatal combination of drugs, Page Six can exclusively reveal.
A spokesperson at the Davidson County Medical Examiner’s office in Nashville told us on Thursday that the coroner concluded the singer suffered “acute combined drug toxicity.”
The drugs found in his system that made up the deadly cocktail were morphine, methamphetamine, fentanyl and acetyl fentanyl.
We’re told the manner of death was ruled an accident and that the autopsy report was completed on Sept. 13.
The Metropolitan Nashville Police Department previously told Page Six that cops received a call of a “deceased person” — later identified as Neal — at a residence on July 18.
“On the desk next to the bed was a black guitar pick that appeared to contain a powder residue,” the public information officer previously disclosed. “The victim reportedly struggled with substance abuse.”
Despite the suspicious powder, no conclusions about Neal’s death were drawn at the time.
The “Pretty Little Liars” star proved she isn’t afraid of…
However, the musician’s battle with addiction had been known to the public.
“I remember I got clean in 2010; May 15, went to rehab. Stayed clean,” Seals told WBIR in July 2020. “I joined the rock band Hinder, they were all about drinking and partying.”
The former reality singing show contestant did not blame his former bandmates for relapsing but recalled wanting to feel “normal” and fit in.
“I remember going to a bar and ordering a drink. I tried to hide it,” he said. “I remember pretending to be normal. I was just lying to myself telling myself that I could control it.”
NBC, the network behind the two shows that Neal competed on, tweeted condolences on both “AGT” and “The Voice”‘s respective accounts after his death, writing, “We are heartbroken by the passing of Nolan Neal. His incredible talent will always be remembered. Our sincerest sympathy goes out to his family and friends during this time. ❤️”
Simon Cowell, a judge on “AGT,” meanwhile, told People, “Unfortunately, it happens too much over the years. I was thinking about this the other day. People [who] passed too soon. Every time it happens, because you’ve gotten to know them, it’s horrible.
“At that moment, it’s like, ‘What can I say?’” he added. “The unfortunate thing is it’s happened too many times and every time it happens, it’s hard.”
Days after Neal died, his daughter, Caylin Cate, created a GoFundMe account to help raise funds for funeral expenses, noting that her father did not have “any life insurance or any money whatsoever.”
She also thanked her supporters writing, “I am so grateful for the community rallying behind us.”